Born in Yerevan, Armenia, I came to the U.S. at the age of 8. I’m originally from Los Angeles, CA, and have been living in Orange County for a few years. I got engaged last summer and have two beautiful daughters, ages 5 and 12. I am an animal lover – I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 2 turtles. Every year, my family and I take a road trip. Last year we went to Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. We love to visit national parks and historic sites. We also enjoy going to concerts, art shows, and museums. One of my passions is volunteering – helping those in need is very important to me, and I try to instill that in my children.
Currently, I’m attending California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) to become a family therapist. My major is Human Services, Mental Health advisement track. A total of three internships are required for this major. Fieldwork placements in the community allow students to learn through experience in areas such as substance abuse, mental health, and many others.
I chose to work at Adopt A Highway Maintenance Corporation® (AHMC) for environmental purposes. Our world today faces many environmental challenges; it is vital that we improve our own communities for future generations, and AHMC does just that through litter removal.
Here are various job responsibilities that I have at AHMC:
- Coordinate Board meetings.
- Manage annual tradeshows (AASHTO, MAASTO, and SASHTO).
- Coordinate meetings for the President and AHMC directors.
- Maintain inventory that consists of all contracts for markets we service.
- Monitor website and email inquiries, along with Colorado Volunteer Program inquiries.
- Notarize documents.
- Coordinate company events, workshops, webinars, and seminars.
- Assist with AHMC trainings throughout the year.
- Assist with DCOM meetings.
- Handle invoices, expense reports, and receipts.
- Assist with Renewals Status meetings and Quarterly Supervisors and HR meetings
- Post resumes for job openings, assist with interviewing process.
- Train employees.
- Coordinate staff birthdays.
- Assist with Adopt A Beach as needed.
I love working here because we’re making a difference every day, one mile at a time!