The Angus Barn – Been in the program since 2012
“The Angus Barn Experience goes far beyond serving meals… We are in the memory making business – making and creating unforgettable memories for you – our guest. Thank you for choosing Angus Barn to be part of the events that shape your life.” – Van Eure, Owner
(Sign located on I-40 East, just East of Miami Boulevard in Morrisville)
The Angus Barn does more than just participate in the Sponsor-A-Highway Program when it comes to helping contribute to a cleaner environment. Since 1989, Angus Barn has proudly led the restaurant industry in reducing the carbon footprint that threatens the beauty and well-being of our planet. Their initiatives include:
• Recycling EVERYTHING! In addition to the basics (cardboard, aluminum, glass, and plastic), the restaurant also recycles wine corks and old table cloths.
• All Biodegradable waste is converted to compost.
• Meat scraps go to a CCI (Carnivore Conservation Institute), a non-profit carnivore rescue center to help feed wolves, lions, tigers, and many others.
• Oil used in fryers is converted to biodiesel fuel for trucks.
• Water usage has been decreased 6,000 gallons a day.
• Energy consumption has been reduced 8% by installing energy efficient equipment & controls.
• The Pavillion was built from reclaimed materials dating back to the 1600’s.
• Supporting local vendors is strongly encouraged to reduce fuel consumption.
• The herbs the restaurant uses to cook with come from their own garden.