Fun / Personal Questions:
1. What food or drink could you not live without?
2. What is your favorite type of exercise or your favorite activity?
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What does your ideal weekend look like?
Spending quality time with family (lake, forest, park or beach). I love exploring nature.
5. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Breakfast: French toast
Lunch/Dinner: Chicken kabobs with vegetables and rice
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Brazil. I’ve been a fan of their soccer since I was a toddler. Plus I love tropical places.
7. What is your favorite sports team?
Brazil International Soccer Team
8. What is your favorite type of Social Media / News Outlet / Magazine / Etc.?
Facebook, TedTalks and The Chronicle of Philanthropy
9. Aside from necessities, what could you not live a day without?
My car! I do a lot of driving – running errands, picking up/dropping off kids, etc.
10. Can you speak more than one language? If yes, what other language do you speak?
Professional / Work Questions:
11. How long have you worked for AHMC?
12. What is your field of work and what is your favorite thing about your job?
Administrative. Ensuring organization and effective planning for myself and the managers.
13. Were you familiar with the Adopt A Highway® program before you started working here?
Not really. Had seen Adopt-A-Highway signs along the highways but did not fully know about the program.
14. What was your very first job?
Working at the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (DWP)
15. What did you study in college and how has it helped you professionally?
Human Services. It has taught me countless things including stress management techniques; empathy and compassion toward others; effective communication; utilizing resources available; research.
16. What is the biggest lesson you have learned professionally?
In order to succeed as a company/organization – all have to work as a team and be supportive of one another.
17. What advice would you give someone who just graduated college and is looking for a career in your field of work?
Nurture and grow your relationships. Multitasking is not effective. Cross training is always beneficial. Be confident. And….always laugh – it’s good for you!
18. How important is work life balance and how do you keep yourself grounded on a day off?
Very important to keep a healthy work/personal life balance for an individual’s health (physically and psychologically). Being outdoors and being one with nature.
19. What is the number one thing that motivates you?
20. Where do you see Adopt A Highway® in 10 years?
In other countries around the world.