Fun / Personal Questions:
1. What is your favorite type of food or cuisine?
I think Pad Thai is my absolute favorite food.
2. What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
Ever heard of boudin? It’s a food that you don’t want to know what goes into it, but it’s so good!
3. Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
I still love them, even though they sometimes make me sick.
4. How do you like to start your day? What routine makes you feel the most productive?
I start my day with a cup of highly-caffeinated tea (my current favorite is Pear Carmel black tea from Spice Merchants in Laguna Beach!) and then dive straight into my email inbox. This helps me feel like I’m on top of everything that is going on in my markets, which in turn keeps me feeling productive through the rest of my day.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I’d really love to visit Japan someday. It’s so beautiful there from all of the photos I’ve seen!
6. Would you rather have Pepsi or Coke? And do you call it soda or pop?
I haven’t had soda since I was 10 years old, so I don’t really have a preference. I guess I would have to say Coke, since I always get a small Coke Slurpee on National Free Slurpee Day (July 11th).
7. What is your favorite color?
Dark purple, or silver.
8. If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be and why?
This is going to be so cliché, but I’d have lunch with my grandparents again. I realize now that I have so many more questions that only they would know the answers to, and they aren’t around to ask.
9. Do you like Nike or Adidas?
The last time I wore anything by Nike or Adidas was when I was playing softball in high school. I stick with Under Armor and New Balance these days.
10. What is your favorite holiday and what do you do for that holiday each year?
My favorite holiday used to be the Fourth of July because my grandparents would make and buy us the really big fireworks and let us launch them in their yard. Plus, we would all work together and put on the unofficial Madison, Alabama city fireworks show. That tradition has since ended with their passing. Now my favorite holiday is Galentine’s Day. It’s a holiday popularized by Parks and Recreation’s Leslie Knope as a day to celebrate the friends you love having in your life.
Professional / Work Questions:
11. How long have you worked for AHMC?
I have been with AHMC since May 2015.
12. What is your field of work and what is your favorite thing about your job?
I am an Operations Market Manager. My markets include: Adopt A Beach, California (all districts), Maryland, NY Thruway, and NY Region 8. My favorite thing about my job is that I get to work with a team of amazing individuals and keep the roadways looking clean.
13. Were you familiar with the Adopt A Highway program before you started working here?
I was aware that it was a state-wide program designed to keep the roadways free of litter. I did not know that the program is nationwide!
14. What did you study in college and how has it helped you professionally?
I received a B.S. in Biology with an emphasis in Zoology, and a minor in Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience. Professionally, I have been able to analyze data efficiently, and my psychology minor has helped me find ways to best communicate with others to help keep my markets running smoothly.
15. How did you begin your career after college?
I worked as an Accounts Receivable (A/R) at a small company, and found that it wasn’t a good fit for me.
16. What is your biggest accomplishment professionally?
So far, I worked closely with the Sales Team to get 15 signs installed (posts and all) in a week in a single market. I hope to beat that in the future!
17. What makes you excited to come to work on an early Monday morning?
I am so lucky to work with a really great group of people AND I get to keep the roadways (and LA’s beaches) free of litter.
18. What is the strangest job you’ve ever had?
I was a Resident Advisor (RA) my whole time at college. I’ve got so many stories I could share, it’s hard to say in a few sentences why it was strange! I lived where I worked, and the weirdest things would happen in the halls and I was expected to keep a straight face through the experiences.
19. What do you hope to achieve in the next 12 months?
I hope to keep improving upon the processes in my markets and get the Sales teams’ sponsor signs installed faster.
20. What is your best memory from working at AHMC?
One of my favorite memories at AHMC so far would have to be the White Elephant gift exchange we had back in December. Some of the gifts were so zany and I hadn’t expected that from my coworkers! This time around, I’ll be prepared and bring my A-game!